Nomeco A/S - Borgmester Christiansens Gade 40 - DK 1790 Copenhagen V - Tel +45 3645 4536 -
 
History

Nomeco is the result of many strong competencies joining forces at the beginning of the 1990's. The name Nomeco was born in 1991 as a result of the merger of two pharmaceutical wholesalers, Mecobenzon A/S and Nordisk Droge og Kemikalie A/S. In 1992, one more pharmaceutical wholesaler, Bang og Tegner A/S, joined Nomeco. All three companies go back many years.

Year

1801 Mecobenzon is founded when Ernst Gerhard Lotze receives a trade license authorizing him to open a wholesale and retail druggist business.
1833 Lotze's company is taken over by Theodor Lose. The company is now called Th. Lose & Cop. Later on in 1860, Lotze's son, Gustav, founds his own wholesale company while at the same time running the Lion Pharmacy (Løve Apoteket) in Odense.
1849 Pharmacist Alfred Benzon acquires the Swan Pharmacy (Svane Apoteket) in Copenhagen and founds a wholesale company under his own name. In 1863, the company is expanded to include a manufacturing plant located at Kalvebod Brygge - Today Halmtorvet. The buildings still exist today with a fascinating trompe l’oeil mural.
1852 Gustav Lotze takes over the Lion Pharmacy (Løve Apoteket) in Odense.
1860 Gustav Lotze founds his own wholesale company supplying other pharmacies with drugs and chemicals.
1882 Frantz Bang and Ludvig Tegner found Bang og Tegner A/S. The company deals mainly in pharmaceutical utensils, medical devices and nursing requisites.
1903 Merchant Christian Emborg founds Nordisk Droge og Kemikalie A/S. The company's main activity is trade in pharmaceutical products.
1919 Gustav Lotze's company and Theodor Lose & Co. join forces (together with three other companies which among others manufacture and sell candles, soap and decks of cards) in a financial cooperation under the name "Det Danske Medicinal- og Kemikalie-Kompagni A/S", later changed to Medicinalco A/S.
1924 Edward Jacobsen (pharmaceutical wholesaler and manufacturer) joins the merger. Gustav Lotze is based in Odense, while the other companies are located in Copenhagen.
1959 Medicinalco A/S takes acquires the pharmaceutical manufacturer Alfred Benzon A/S’ s wholesale company and business continues under the name of Mecobenzon A/S.
1991 Nordisk Droge & Kemikalie A/S and Mecobenzon A/S are merged, and Nomeco A/S is born. The company is quoted on the stock exchange in Copenhagen.
Bang & Tegner A/S and Nomeco A/S are merged with Nomeco A/S as the continuing company.
1998 Nomeco A/S merges with Finnish Tamro Oyj – the largest pharmaceutical distributor in Scandinavia, the Baltic and north-western Russia.
2000 Germany's leading pharmaceutical wholesaler PHOENIX Pharmahandel AG & CO becomes main shareholder with 33.7 % of the shares.
2004 PHOENIX takes over all the shares in Tamro which becomes part of the PHOENIX group. Thus, the present Nomeco is the result of a determined effort and several mergers. Many of our employees started out in one of the three merged companies and some of them have been with us for more than 40 years.
2012 Nomeco is now owned by German PHOENIX group. Thus, the present Nomeco is the result of a determined effort and several mergers. Many of our employees started out in one of the three merged companies and some of them have been with us for more than 40 years.
Photos loaned from Dansk Farmacihistorisk Fond

 
 
Nomeco A/S - Borgmester Christiansens Gade 40 - DK 1790 Copenhagen V - Tel +45 3645 4536 -